Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Afterlife: The World As I See It


Author: Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein is known for his profound scientific theories, though his theories tend to require a high level of knowledge pertaining to physics and mathematics and remain inaccessible to the majority of people. In fact, I recently tried reading a copy of his book “Relativity: The Special and General Theory” and found it nearly impossible for me to digest so quickly switched over to “The World As I See It”, a collection of essays and writings encompassing a variety of subjects. I was surprised at the variety of subjects in the book and it’s nice to see writings outside of disciplines regularly associated with Einstein.

Religion can be a touchy subject so I’ll let this quote speak for itself:

I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls. Enough for me the mystery of the eternity of life, and the inkling of the marvellous structure of reality, together with the single-hearted endeavour to comprehend a portion, be it never so tiny, of the reason that manifests itself in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment